Size: 12 x 12
Size: 9 x 12
Mill Pond Hike
Size: 20 x 40
Little Crosby Creek
Size: 24 x 36
Size: 36 x 48
Kayaking the Yukon River
Size: 24”x 36”
Working with acrylics on canvas, I create vibrant images from local areas In Eastern Ontario. I live in and paint the natural environment that surrounds me. My work is an ongoing process of discovery – starting with the observation of some aspect of the natural world that I bring to life through my personal interpretation and style.
My paintings reflect my fascination with the interaction between light, colour, pattern in water and landscape. Because of the many layers of design in the transparency of water, the possibilities are endless. I work to capture these mesmerizing qualities with bold colour and solid design.
I explore the reflections that outline the movement in water – the reflected sky above reaching down. The bottom sand, rocks and grasses reaching up. The changing colours of the forest edges trying to define it.
I have been painting for most of my life while working full time as a social worker. When I retired in 2015, I began to paint full time after downsizing to a rural home near Perth, Ontario. I built a studio in the woods and began to explore painting in an in-depth way.
- Honourable mention for my painting of Long Beach, Vancouver Island. Window Art Gallery juried show, Kingston, ON, July, 2019.
- Award of Excellence in Fine Arts and Fine Crafts MERA (MacDonald’s Corners Elphin Recreation and Arts) – runner up in the 2019 Award of Excellence for a body of work for persons living in Lanark County.
- People’s Choice Award 2019 (runner up). Rideau Lakes Artist Association
- Acceptance into the Ontario Society of Artists, a provincial body of juried artists.
- Elected member of Ontario Society of Artists
- Rideau Lakes Artist Association
- West Carleton Art Association
- Arts Carleton Place
- Eastern Central Ontario Art Association
- West End Studio Tour in Ottawa – 15 years.
- Art Works! Perth.
I am currently represented by:
- Studio 87 in Perth, Ontario
- The Mill at Chaffey’s Locks Art Gallery.
- Gallery Raymond, Kingston, Ontario