REGISTRATION FOR THE 2018 SHOW IS NOW CLOSED
Application for the Glebe Fine Art Show
- Application deadline for returning artists is January 31, 2018. New artists, see below.
- Show dates: Saturday, September 15th, and Sunday, September 16th, 2018.
- Location: Glebe Community Centre, 175 Third Ave (at Lyon & Third Ave), Ottawa. Information on the show is posted on this website : www.glebefineartshow.ca
- Show hours: 10am to 4:00pm.
- Setup: Artists will be assigned a booth and will set up their art from 8:30am to 10:00am on September 15th. Grids (10 per booth, height 6ft) are rented and set up on the evening before the show, i.e. on September 14th.
- Sales are handled centrally and there is a 15% commission on sales.
- This event is an artist-run endeavor so each artist is expected to help in preparing for the show and during the show. The show is supported by a combination of artist fees, a 15% commission on artists’ work sold and sponsorships by local businesses. The money is used for rental of the hall, grids, signage, publicity and various show costs. Artists that were not in last year’s show, are selected through a juried process which includes an additional fee. Coordinators for this event are:
- Linda Loder (firstname.lastname@example.org) and
- Eileen Durand (email@example.com).
- Upfront Cost: $225.00 per artist (cost of booth $175.00 + $50.00 sponsorship). Overall space is limited to 34 artists with some space available for students. One Co-ordinator will also be part of the show. In total, there are 34 booths with one artist per booth. Please include your business card with your cheque for the graphics.
- Cancellation policy: Money will not be refunded. If an artist wants to withdraw after February 1st, they forfeit their payment.
- A cheque should be made out to “Glebe Fine Arts Association” and sent to Linda Loder, 16 Topley Crescent, Ottawa, Ontario, K1G 4L6, to be received no later than January 31, 2018. Late submission or payment will result in a cancellation of registration for the show .
- If you are not accepted due to limited space or not accepted by the juried process, you will be notified by email and the entrance fee cheque will be returned.
- Grids are rented and delivered and set up on the evening before the show (10 grids at 6 foot height form a U shape and at the ends form a T for stability). Booths will have a standard format for each artist. Black sheets are recommended for covering grids.
- Sponsorship: Each artist has now the option of getting a sponsor or not. At payout time after the show, artists with sponsors will be refunded the $50.00 with whatever was earned at the show, so these artists will end up paying just $175.00. A sponsor can be obtained as soon as an artist has been accepted. (A package on the process for obtaining sponsors will be given to each artist).
- Every artist is to volunteer for or will be requested to assist in one of the Committees identified below.
- Galleries Committee: Glebe Community Centre Gallery, Green Door Restaurant, OSA Prime Corp Showcase, Irene’s Pub;
- Publicity Committee: Distribution of material, creation of flyers, advertisements;
- Signage Committee: Distribution and pick up during show weekend;
- Setup & Take Down Committee : Set up on the Friday night & take down on Sunday ;
- Welcome Activities Committee: Welcome Table and associated duties;
- Student Committee: Coordination of the students and its distribution of flyers .
Returning Artists from 2017:
By January 1st but no later than January 31, 2018, fill out the application form below, attach a short biography, and one jpg image of a recent work as instructed below (used for advertising and in the website). Mail your entry fee and a business card to Linda Loder (address above). With the number of artists growing and to ensure a spot, it will be important for artists to submit early.
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2018 SHOW IS NOW CLOSED
- Apply anytime after January 1, 2018 by filling out the form below and attach a short biography, information on the medium used and exhibition history. Attach 3 jpg images of your recent work to be juried (see below).
- Deadline for new artists is: February 15, 2018. Applications after this date will not be considered.
- Mail a non-refundable cheque (jurying fee) for $50.00 made out to the “Glebe Fine Arts Association” to Linda Loder (16 Topley Cres., Ottawa, Ontario, K1G 4L6) with a business card. Upon receipt of the jurying fee, results will be sent within a few weeks.
- If selected, you will be asked to mail the remainder of the entry fee which is $225.00. Your image(s) will be used for the website and possibly in advertising. If not selected, you will be notified by email.
All juried-in applicants will be wait listed. If an opening occurs, then you will be notified. An opening sometimes occurs due to a cancellation. All applicants will be considered as having read and in agreement with our rules.
More information regarding the show procedures will be sent out after your registration has been accepted.
When you fill out this form, you should get immediate confirmation on this page. If you don’t, please send an email to Eileen Durand at “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Jpgs of images submitted must be less than 1MB each..